Thursday, March 31, 2011

A short update

As I said in my twitter, I've not been sleeping well. It could be due to my unfortunate habit of putting on movies while I sleep, or because I'm somewhat stressed over school and work. I'm actually quite concerned by it though, not because of my inability to dream but because I don't want to start having seizures again. I had some myoclonic twitching earlier today and it freaked me out a bit. It's not that I don't occasionally get them, but it's recently been confined to when I'm going to sleep. This was as I was walking to class from a nap in the library.

While I haven't had a true dream since the nightmare, which I still get shudders and heart palpitations from, I've been hearing faint voices as I've been falling asleep. I can never make out what they say, only the sound of whispers. I also have minor flashes of the third world dreams but I can't remember them properly. I have to stop neglecting my physical dream journal.

This weekend I'm going to do a short experiment with a sleep aid that I've found tends to allow me to remember my dreams better. Alcohol, hot peanuts and chocolate haven't worked, why not give an antihistamine a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment