Sunday, April 3, 2011

A new name for an old friend

I saw him again. It was in the same place as before. He approached me and smiled. "Welcome back [Anomie]. I've been calling for you for quite some time."
"I know, I couldn't find my way back."
"Understandable. Sometimes the door is hard to find in the dark. Walk with me."
He began walking towards the woods behind my parents' house. I noticed that he was shaking hard and having trouble walking straight. I walked up behind him and grasped his hand to make him stop shaking. He smiled at me and began to speak.
"[Anomie] what do you think of the sky?"
It was twilight, as always, so I told him it was beautiful.
"But you didn't even look at it,"
"I know what the sky looks like,"
"Just look,"
I glanced up and noticed that there were two suns. I was speechless.
"You'd never see anything like that on Earth. It really is quite lovely. I can't wait to see the sunrise,"
"Does the sun never rise here?"
"Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies,"
"What?"
"I will lie if I have to, but I don't want to. I don't want you to believe lies when you are desperately seeking the truth. You never know who's listening here,"
I looked to my right and about 50 yards off was the Slender Man just standing and watching. I gasped, not out of fear, but more out of surprise. He was just standing in a neighbor's backyard with that curious look on his non-face.
"Not him. Once we're here he doesn't care anymore. He doesn't care about me, and he can't see you. He wants to know why. He doesn't want you, he just wants an answer. It's the Others I'm worried about,"
"Who are the others?"
"Ask me no questions. . ."
"Fine. Can you tell me your name?"
"I don't have one yet,"
"What?"
"Until the sun rises I won't have a name,"
"Should I keep calling you spazz?"
"I wouldn't prefer it,"
"Then what should I call you?"
"Whatever you'd like,"
I thought for a moment, and before I could really choose one of the names I had listed in my head I blurted out "Micah. I'll call you Micah,"
"I won't argue. That is a fairly nice name. I don't think it was what I was called before, but I don't mind,"
"What do you mean before?"
"Not now. Wake up,"
And I woke up. I'm a little bit pissed at spazz, now Micah, because I'm sure he's the one that forced me out, and I don't know why. I also don't know how to get back to him again. Amazingly frustrating, finally getting to him and getting denied the answers that I want. I suppose I need to find a way to ask him questions in some roundabout way that will throw whomever "the Others" are off. If anyone who reads this has an idea please tell me. At least I learned a little, and have a real name for my friend.

P.s: Whoever keeps e-mailing me, if you've got something to say sat it in plain English. If it's important enough to send me two e-mails a day you might want to tell me straight up. I don't do cryptography.

No comments:

Post a Comment