Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lemminkaenen

I don't know where to begin.

I suppose I should start the morning of the fourth, around 1 AM.

I've been having trouble with my sleep cycle. I've found myself both not sleeping at all or sleeping too much. On the evening of the third, I was able to get to sleep, but unable to stay asleep. I went to bed around 10 PM and found myself wide awake at 1 AM. I tried to drift back to sleep, but my mind was racing. I got up for a bit, watched an episode of Tales From The Crypt, and tried to get back to sleep. It was then that I experience the strangest sensation I've ever felt. I simultaneously felt my body fall asleep and my mind race as if I were the most awake I had been in weeks. I was afraid to open my eyes at first, but I felt compelled to do so and I heard a voice calling from a long way away.
I opened my eyes and found that I was actually standing next to my bed. I glanced back and saw my body sleeping soundly and peacefully on the bed. I have never experienced terror like I did in that moment, but something whispered in my ear that it was okay and that I had to go on. I heard a voice calling me out of my room, out of my apartment and into the building's stairwell.

I went through these doors and found myself in a part of my building that I've never seen before. I live on the top floor of my building, but instead of the stairwell dead-ending into the fire ladder that goes to the roof, I found a stairwell leading up into the unknown. The voice was coming from the top of the stairs and the banister was lined with lights that glittered like stars.
I climbed these stairs, full of fear and curiosity. I didn't know where they were going or who was calling me at the top, but I knew I had to climb these stairs. I knew if I didn't I'd be doomed to wander in the dark. I glanced back and saw that the lights were going out as I moved forward. I couldn't go back.

The voice was getting clearer and came in like a bell as I climbed the last few stairs. When I got to the top I found myself peering into an old gold framed mirror. It was like the ones you see on old dressing tables. It was simultaneously a mirror, and not. I wasn't looking at myself in the mirror, I was looking at the color reverse of myself. That entity that visited me in bed a while back. He was staring at me, calling my name, with his hand pressed against the glass. He couldn't reach me, but he kept whispering for me to reach for him. I hesitated, but he began begging me to hurry. Finally, I pushed my hand forward and instead of encountering glass, my hand slipped through, as if going through a puddle. It had the same feel too, both warming and cooling at the same time. He didn't grab at my hand, instead he offered his arm to me and simply told me to pull. As soon as I grabbed his arm he came through the mirror and was standing next to me. He took my arm in his and began descending the stairs with me, the lights coming back on as we went, and becoming brighter as we went along.

When we got back to my room I climbed back into my bed and my body, and he stood watch. He told me that he'd be able to communicate with me while I slept, but he can't speak to me while I'm awake. He can see everything I see, and read everything I read but he can't influence me bodily without weakening himself significantly. He's agreed to accompany me to my next meeting with Micah and analyze the previous conversations I've had with him. Last night, after my tweet, I spoke to him again. He said he needs more time and he should have some sort of better analysis soon. He wants to see Micah as much as I do. Hopefully he'll pull me into the second world again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment